MOST POPULAR POSTS

Saturday, January 20, 2024

WHY I'M NOT AN ADVENTIST ANYMORE!


I have observed a recurring expression in social media messages that appears to be strategically employed to obscure individuals' perceptions and hinder them from embracing the "light of the gospel" (2 Cor. 4:4). This phenomenon concerns me, as it seems to be a tactic employed by adept manipulators. Despite my 24-year commitment to and advocacy for the Seventh-day Adventist church, I have recently chosen to disassociate, eliciting surprise and disbelief from many of my friends and fellow congregants. I am cognizant of their varied reactions, ranging from anger and a sense of betrayal to sympathy and understanding. Additionally, I acknowledge that certain SDA apologetics ministries view my departure as an opportunity for growth and recognition. I sincerely hope that, in time, those who are upset will come to comprehend and respect my decision. It is important to clarify that my departure is not rooted in personal grievances against specific Adventist individuals who may have offended me; rather, it is based on doctrinal considerations. In my YouTube Podcasts, I exclusively address matters of faith and expound on the heretical doctrines within the Adventist church.  

My Decision to Leave the SDA Church

While new members of the SDA church may encounter moments of disillusionment, my decision to depart after 24 years of fervent preaching and engaging in debates was not rooted in bitterness. Although forgiveness played a pivotal role in my time within the church, my departure was not triggered by an inability to forgive those who may have caused offense. Rather, it was a conscientious choice based on my personal experiences and a sense that it was time for me to transition. It is crucial to emphasize that those speculating about the reasons behind my departure may not be privy to the complete narrative. Numerous challenging trials have shaped my journey, and throughout, I have consistently endeavored to embody God's forgiveness in the face of adversity. Forgiveness is a deliberate decision, one that we must make even when emotions make it challenging. I posit that those who hastily pass judgment on others may be deficient in their own capacity for forgiveness, possibly projecting their own shortcomings onto my decision.

Reasons for Not Returning to the Seventh-day Adventist Church

After thoughtful deliberation, I have chosen not to rejoin the Seventh-day Adventist church. This decision is grounded in my observation that many of their teachings lack a robust foundation in the Bible. I am not alone in this viewpoint; throughout the history of the SDA church, pastors, Bible scholars, and theologians have also identified doctrinal issues within its framework. These concerns encompass a range of topics, from the writings of Ellen White to distinct Adventist doctrines like the 1844 investigative judgment. Consequently, a significant number of Adventists have opted to leave the church, a trend that continues to this day.

It is imperative to underscore that my decision to leave is not linked to personal issues, given my ability to navigate through various personal trials with the grace of God. However, when addressing doctrinal discrepancies, this becomes a matter of profound significance for every Christian to ponder, as the Scriptures caution us about the potential harm they may inflict. As articulated by Christ:


Matthew 10:28 (NLT) 28 “Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.


If the Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church were indeed a true and authentic church, I would willingly sacrifice my life for its cause, enduring persecution or even death, knowing that only my physical body could be taken, not my soul, which belongs to God. However, upon discovering that the SDA is characterized by false teachings and operates as a cult, I find it untenable to continue my association with it. To persist would not only jeopardize my physical well-being but also compromise my soul. I am not alone in grappling with this dilemma, as numerous SDA members share similar sentiments yet hesitate to disengage due to personal benefits, familial ties, or employment obligations—especially for those serving as pastors. Let us extend our prayers to them as they navigate their individual journeys. In times of uncertainty such as these, seeking guidance and strength from Christ's teachings becomes paramount.


Matthew 10:36-39 (NLT) 36 Your enemies will be right in your own household!’ 37 “If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. 38   If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. 39   If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.


Luke 14:26 (NLT) 26 “If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison—your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.


Matthew 16:25-26 (NLT) 25   If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. 26   And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?


Luke 18:29-30 (NLT) 29 “Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the Kingdom of God, 30 will be repaid many times over in this life, and will have eternal life in the world to come.”


John 12:25 (NLT) 25   Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity.


I aspire to witness the day when those dear to me find the courage to confront the truth and embrace the path that leads to salvation. My prayer extends to my Adventist friends and loved ones, hoping that they will respect my decision and that our friendship will withstand any denominational disparities. Ultimately, true Christianity transcends denominational affiliations; it is defined by one's personal relationship with Christ and their acknowledgment of Him as their Lord and Savior, as elucidated by the teachings of the Apostle Paul.


Galatians 2:18-21 (NLT) 18 Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down. 19   For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law—I stopped trying to meet all its requirements—so that I might live for God. 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21   I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment